This coffee machine got me a share as a gift for a major purchase in one of the household appliance stores.
At first I was very happy, a free gift, and even a substantial one! Then I realized that this "free" will entail considerable costs for using it.
I'll start right away with the cons .
1. To begin with, I would like to clarify that this coffee machine is a capsule one and only certain capsules are suitable for it , namely the “non-caffe dolche thickly” capsules.
2. These specific capsules are priced to put it mildly expensive .
I will show you an example. A pack of cappuccino capsules costs around 400 rubles. It has 16 capsules (8 with coffee + 8 with milk), i.e. packs are enough for 8 cups. It turns out that one cup costs 50 rubles !
Diluting is not an option, as capsules are designed for no more than 1 cup.
Of course you can use small coffee cups, then you can divide in half by 2 people.
So it’s really expensive to use. Maybe someday capsules will become cheaper?
There are, of course, pluses .
1. coffee turns out really very tasty and fragrant . To be honest, I didn’t think that at home you can make coffee like in a coffee shop.
2. coffee is very invigorating, which means that it is real ground in capsules , not soluble.
3. Perfectly saves when guests arrive . They are satisfied. And those who don’t have a coffee machine at home are pleasantly surprised.
4. Using is easy and simple :
What are the tastes of Nescafe Dolce Thickly?
I will not say that I use it very often, but from time to time I pamper myself. In the remaining days, I drink ground coffee or tea.
I have already tried many tastes.
1. The most favorite taste is, of course, de cappuccino .
Other "double" tastes are also liked, latte macchiato is quite good.
2. I tried cocoa for fun , but believe me, this is absolutely pointless. To taste it turns out the same as this kind of cocoa neskafe, only it costs several times more.
3. There are “mono capsules”, ie 1 capsule goes for 1 cup. But these people are not very impressive to me, they do not beat freshly ground coffee to taste.
During use, I found the following points that you need to pay attention to.
1. Never leave water in a container.
2. Never pour hot water into a container. Otherwise, it may crack.
3. Never leave a used capsule in a coffee machine. In this case, the needle will clog.
As I said, this coffee machine was given to me as a gift.
Now let's calculate the payback period .
I’ll count only large expenses, I won’t take into account electricity, water and sugar.
I will consider the example of a beloved cappuccino. As you remember, 50 rubles. it took only coffee.
In my city there is a tasty inexpensive coffee shop where a cappuccino of this volume costs 70 rubles, so I will focus on this final cost. And the "depreciation" will be 20 rubles. (70 rubles - 50 rubles)
Those. to “pay back” a car, you will need 200 times of use (4,000 rubles / 20 rubles = 200 times). Personally, I drink this coffee about 1 time per week , so if I bought a car for my money, then it would pay off for me already in 4 years !
And if you drink such coffee every day, then the machine will pay off in 6.5 months .
The conclusion suggests itself: if you rarely use the machine, then the purchase will be unprofitable, and it is more profitable for you to buy coffee in a coffee shop.
If you want to pamper yourself and “play barista”, then why not.
The store that distributes such gifts is Eldorado . About his other promotions and ways to save on technology, I tell in my review of this online store [review].
I also want to share my reviews on kitchen appliances , which I really recommend!